Your company has a huge soft spot. Not like a warm, affectionate soft spot in the public mind, but a physical vulnerability: your commercial roof. The roof protects the rest of the business: inventory, equipment, employees, customer service areas, the works. If the roof is damaged due to a storm, your whole business is at risk. Here’s how to reduce the potential for storm damage to your flat roof.
Slow and Steady
Storms arise unexpectedly and leave behind all levels of damage. From mild to wild, a storm can be a minor inconvenience or a business-shuttering nightmare. Before any storm, you can do no better preparation than to partner with a local, reliable, time-tested commercial roofer.
Working with you, your local, friendly commercial roofer can perform initial inspections, address minor repairs, and keep your roof well maintained. A few hours of routine maintenance by highly trained roofers can help prevent major storm damage:
- Clear internal drains
- Unclog scuppers
- Test and repair all seams
- Inspect flashing and reattach damaged or loose flashing
- Repair and caulk around HVAC curbs
- Clear debris
The best commercial roofers offer roof maintenance programs based on your budget and needs. No plan can be one-size-fits-all. Look for a quality roofer who offers choices, such as Damschroder Roofing, Inc. and its three-tier system:
- Bronze — Your commercial roof receives one annual roof inspection and maintenance visit to include drain and gutter cleaing, debris and trash removal, an inspection report, a 45-point checklist, Hi-Def photographs, a roof report, and a roof drawing
- Silver — Your company’s roof is protected with everything the Bronze plan offers, plus one additional roof inspection and maintenance visit, seam repairs, and coping and counterflashing hole repairs
- Gold — Your business receives everything found in the Silver plan plus careful inspection of pitch pockets and help with an annual roofing budget
Fast and True
When a storm does hit, contact your local roofer immediately about your rooftop emergency. If you are already a customer, expect faster, better service. A roofer familiar with your roof can make repairs fast and true, keeping potential water infiltration to an absolute minimum.
Damschroder Roofing Inc. offers every commercial client free evaluations so you can know exactly what your roof’s condition is. We can help you prepare for nature’s worst weather and be ready to deal with storm damage after any weather emergency. Contact us today! Damschroder Roofing — Your Roof. Our Reputation.